Veras Forma extension never completes Sign On

Veras extension continuously spins and says Almost There when opening in Forma. Tried removing extension and adding back to project, tried using on both Edge and Chrome browsers and tried on two different Windows machines. Any other suggestions to troubleshoot?

@JakeBoom You already tried different browsers and two separate machines, so maybe this is a weak suggestion, but retry logging in after clearing your browser cache, if it’s possible you’ve been signed in previously on those machines and/or browsers.

But this does sound more like a licensing issue, so I’ll reach out to our licensing system afficionado.

One other question I have, @JakeBoom , is whether you are able to sign in with any other version of the Veras app, e.g. the standalone web app at https://veras.evolvelab.io/ ?

Yes. No issue accessing Veras both in Revit and using web app. Only an issue with Forma.

1 Like

@JakeBoom Thanks for the additional information. I’m going to send you a private message on here to get some more information so I can help resolve this issue!

@JakeBoom Are you using any sort of VPN or remote desktop software to access Forma & Veras?

I’ve developed a test fix. If anybody else if having this issue (unable to fully log into Veras Forma), please let me know and I’ll send you a message on how to test out our potential fix!

Update: The previous fix didn’t seem to work for the OP.

@JakeBoom , @Greg has just updated the Forma Veras extension so that the Veras app is served from a different URL. You should now only see cookies/local & session storage from “veras.evolvelab.io” and “licensing.evolvelab.io” (not “evolvelab-veras.web.app”).

Can you give it another try and let us know if it works or not now?

Thanks,

1 Like

@Daniel Unfortunately, same result. I will try again this evening from home network, but I have tried from home previously with no difference.

1 Like

@JakeBoom Thanks for the feedback, we’ll keep looking into the issue then!

@JakeBoom We’ve just made two minor updates to our licensing system in regards to a different issue. Although it’s unlikely, I wanted to reach out and see if we got lucky and they happened to fix this issue.

If not, we have two more ideas we’re working on internally, we’ll let you know if/when they’re ready for you/anyone to try out.

If neither of those ideas work out, I might reach out to schedule a call, if you have time and are willing, to walk through your issue with our team. Since we are still unable to reproduce it on our end, that could help us narrow down the possible causes even more.

Thanks,

Hi @Daniel Sorry, still not working with same “almost there” issue.

@JakeBoom Ok, thanks for letting us know. As I mentioned, I’m currently working on two more ideas that might fix the issue. I’ll let you know once we have some of those ready to test.

Thanks,

@JakeBoom I sent a private message, but posting this here too in case others run into this issue.

We have just released Veras version 1.9.5, which, along with Archicad support, has a login/licensing update that may resolve this issue:

Please feel free to give it a try and let us know if it helps resolve this issue!

Thanks,

2 Likes

Yes, latest version of Veras has solved the issue with sign on using Forma. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hooray!!!

2 Likes