Helix DWG to Revit Not doing anything

I just downloaded a trial of Helix to do some testing. Trying this out on a few different DWG files; the first file seemed to work pretty well. The current file I am trying has been going for quite a while, it seems to stall out on “(1/7) Breaking down polylines…”
Any ideas what is going on? Any troubleshooting steps to try?

@kdaugherty

Thanks for sharing this issue with us! I’m currently looking into an issue for someone else that may be similar - can you take a look at the below post and let me know if it sounds like the same issue?

Once I’ve got a solution I’ll post it in both threads. If you have a sample file you can share with me that’s causing the issue, feel free to email it to me and I can do some testing.

If that fix doesn’t end up solving your problem, then I’ll try to figure out what else might be causing the issue for you!

Thanks,

@Daniel

I just saw this post minutes after I posted mine.
Seems like it might be similar/related. I’ll email a file shortly and wait for a response on the forum…

Thanks!

1 Like

@kdaugherty - FYI we were able to find the cause of this bug and fix it, we should be able to release a Helix update that fixes this within the next few days!

I also updated the title of this post so it’s a bit more descriptive for others.

Thanks,

2 Likes

The fix for this issue has been included in version 2.12.1, available for download here: Helix Installer

You can see more about the latest version at the following link: Helix - Release 2.12.0

@kdaugherty - I don’t think any .dwg test files from you made it through to me, but please feel free to test your files with the new version and let us know on here if you run into any further issues!

1 Like

@Daniel
I sent you a follow up email regarding this. I’m still stalling out on step 1/7 (refer to email I sent with link to file I am testing).
Appreciate all the help!

@kdaugherty I’m having some trouble getting the file you send to me, so I’ll send you a DM with some other ways to share the file.

I also wanted to check to make sure you are using the latest version of Helix (2.12.1) that included the bug fix for this. I ask because sometimes right after we release a new version, there is some lag time while the older version is still cached in the cloud, and can still be downloaded instead of the newer version. this usually resolves itself within 24 hours.

An easy way to check is to open up the ‘Programs and Features’ window of the Window’s Control Panel, and check the Helix that is installed. Please make sure it says 2.12.1 and not 2.12.0 or any other earlier version.

Thanks,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of office yesterday. I just uploaded some files that are not working for me…I did check the version and it is indeed 2.12.1.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming the version and sending over the files, I got em. I’ll do some testing and report back once I figure out the issue!

1 Like

@kdaugherty Just wanted to let you know that we’ve found the issue, and created a patch that will be included in the next release! I’ll post here when we get that release published!

There seemed to be an issue with one or more of the polylines in the CAD file, where when converted some polylines ended up providing us with zero useable lines. Anyway, was able to get the lines on the A-Wall layer in the sample CAD file you sent me to convert to Revit walls:

Thanks.

1 Like

@kdaugherty The latest version, 2.12.2, includes the fix for this bug. You can download it here, or see more details in the release forum post here.

1 Like

@Daniel

I don’t know if I am doing something wrong, but I still can’t get this to work on that file. Does it matter that I am using a trial version? Are there certain requirements within Revit? I am currently using 2023 version of Revit. I’ve tried multiple things on my end with no luck.

@kdaugherty

Thanks for testing out the new version again, and sharing your feedback! My apologies that it didn’t solve your issue.

As it turns out, I made a mistake and did not fully include the fix for your issue in the latest release, so thanks for catching that!

I’ve released a new update with the fix (v2.12.3), which you can download here.

1 Like

Hello. My free trial of Helix does not create walls. I tried it on architectural drawings and simple test drawings I’ve created. Message “run succesfully” is displayed though. Any ideas what is going on?
“Structural colums” category works fine.
Thank You

@Wudwudek - welcome to the forum!

My apologies that Helix is not working with your test files. Is there a way you can share a sample file with content that doesn’t work. This would help us tremendously to debug the issue.

Hi. Also tested an sample file exported from Autocad and did not create any pipes at all.
Attached is the the file i created?
ACAD-Drawing2.dwg (2.0 MB)

If you could please help would appreciate.
Regards.

@RuiMadureira

Sure thing, thanks for sharing the file. I’ll take a look and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,

1 Like

Thank you @Daniel !
Any news?

@RuiMadureira

Thanks for checking in, I’m still looking into this one. We’ll post an update here, and issue a new release, as soon as we get it resolved!

Thanks,

@Daniel
Hi Daniel.
Tested today with an single pipe and Revit gets this warning (picture attached).
Any guesses?
Regards.