Creating Sheets by Category by Output from previous

Hey Ben, Miguel,

Is there a way to generate sheets by categorie and by previous selection. Like that is available by rooms?

Here is my example situation:

I am setting up a millwork bundle. First I select all the millwork items I want to generate plans, elevations, and 3d views for.

then i have dimension by category which allows to select “Output from previous”

but when i go to generate sheets by category I cannot select “Output from previous”. The only way I can tell to isolate the casework I selected previously is to go an manually select them again.

this is a bit clumsy, and would be ideal if I could just choose “output from previous” like I can with rooms.

Is there something I am missing and this is achievable?

Sorry and a quick follow up question…

Do you have any information on how to apply views to sheets in various ways?

I have seen

1. Apply views to a single sheet by manual selection. Overflow views just populate around the titleblock

2. Creates a sheet by room or category, apply the views of the single room or category to that sheet. Then generate a new sheet again for the next room or category. Even if the previous sheet was not full.

I saw a video where wall sections were applied across many sheets all at once. I would love to see a workflow description for this because I am having trouble recreating that myself.

Regarding the Sheet Packing by Category task - you are not missing anything. The way the task works is generic and has limitations on how it handles elements within a bundle. Here are some ideas that could address this in a future release:

• update task to allow multiple categories, so that the user can setup rules for the categories
  • new Sheet Packing by Element task that allows any element to be sent over regardless of the category
  • We have the View Grouping by Parameter Values for Sheet Placement feature in our backlog that will allow sheet packing to work with a group of elements - group can be defined by any criteria, similar to filters. This will be released in the future.
  1. Apply views to a single sheet by manual selection. Overflow views just populate around the titleblock

For the view overflow, with Glyph Version 1.0 we introduced a way to generate new sheets, instead of placing the view below the sheet:

1. Creates a sheet by room or category, apply the views of the single room or category to that sheet. Then generate a new sheet again for the next room or category. Even if the previous sheet was not full.

We have the Sheet View Cluster Editor & Packing feature in our backlog that will allow the grouping of views to span multiple sheet or a single sheet. For example, multiple rooms with the related elevations can be placed on the same sheet. This will be released in the future.

Here are the View Grouping by Parameter Values for Sheet Placement and the Sheet View Cluster Editor & Packing feature descriptions:

1 Like

This is great! Thanks Ben. Appreciate the effort on the explaination!

2 Likes