Bento - Release 1.3.0.0 - Model Size Checker & Revit 2024

Download the installer here: Bento

Revit Versions Supported: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

:tada: Updates: :tada:

• :balance_scale: Model Size Checker
    • :trophy: (Large Model Contest Prize! Read below!)
  • :white_check_mark: Revit 2024 Support
  • :bust_in_silhouette: (Free) EvolveLAB Account Login Required
  • :bug: Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements

Model Size Checker

Check the size of your Revit Model with a single click, no need to navigate to the folder where it’s stored, or figure out how to even find this number if it’s a cloud model!

Works for local, cloud, workshared, and non-workshared models. And families too!

For cloud models, you see the actual file size, not the bloated size shown in the Autodesk Construction Cloud that may include linked files.

model size checking

It even includes some warning gifs if your modeling is getting too large.

:trophy: EvolveLAB is offering a prize - to the first person to post a screenshot of the ‘chonker’ sized Model Size Checker warning gif in the comments below. There are various different warning sizes, so you’ll need a really really huge model to get the ‘chonker’ one! We’re offering a free 6-month subscription to ALL EvolveLAB apps (including Veras, Glyph, Morphis, and Helix) to the winner!!! :trophy:

Update: Prize has been claimed! Thanks for the fat cat posts everybody!

Think you’ve got a really large model? Give it a try and post your screenshots below!

Bento_fat cat release gif image

Revit 2024 Support

Bento now supports Revit 2019-2024!

EvolveLAB Account

We know it’s a small pain, but it really helps us improve our tools as well as continue to provide everyone with more free Bento features in the future.

While you’ll now have to log in to use most Bento tools, we promise it’s very fast to sign up, and you can use that same account to utilize the free trial of any of our other EvolveLAB apps.

Download the installer here: Bento

Have an idea for a cool feature you’d like to see in the next version of Bento?

Found a bug with the latest release?

We love chatting about this stuff, so please leave a comment below or contact us .

2 Likes

Here is one of my ‘chonker’ gifs =)

2 Likes

Noice, thanks for trying out the new Bento update! What a ‘big’ model!

I believe there are yet still bigger models and fatter cats to discover!

ucOjx4

2 Likes

Check this little ball of fur =)

3 Likes

1/4 of a GB, wow!

I do believe there are still… fatter cats to be found though!

Check this out!
Screenshot 2023-11-17 144903

3 Likes

That’s a huge cat!!!

1 Like

P1297,

That is pretty huge, I can’t imagine what it’s like to work inside, or even open, that model! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

While it’s the fattest cat posted here so far, there is still one more even fatter cat to find!

Remember, the free 6-month license for all EvolveLAB products is still up for grabs for whomever finds it!

Well this was quite easy for me :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh man @Goran now that is a real chonker! 7.68GB, how do you even open the file?

Well anyway, that is the largest gif we included, so congrats, you will receive a free 6-month license to ALL EvolveLAB Products. Just send me your email either via a DM on here, or email me and we’ll get you hooked up!

Thanks everyone for the cat gifs!

Also, here’s the full chonker-cat gif, in case anyone was interested:
fatcatgif4

1 Like

Also @Grover or anyone in this thread, if you are interested in any BIM Management services to help manage or maybe prevent having to work with these huge models, feel free to reach out to us at EvolveLAB as well!

Ah, this one is a container file for a megaproject I’m working on, full of P3D models packed inside a generic model or mech. eq. families. The person who first suggested not dividing this model into smaller ones is an utter lunatic, but hey, at least I’ll gain something from it besides sleepless nights optimizing it (and by optimizing, I mean unloading it from all models and forcing users to use Navisworks for coordination :joy:).

Many thanks for the free licenses, I’ll do my best to push your product to its limits to provide valuable feedback :blush:.

Btw usualy I need around 20-30min to open it on i9 11900H and 32GB of RAM, and thats it, I can just open it :rofl:

3 Likes

We’ve just released a small patch, Version 1.3.0.1, which fixes a bug where a ‘No License Found’ error may appear after you log into your EvolveLAB Account.

You can download it at the link in the original post!

1 Like

We’ve just released another small patch, Version 1.3.1.0.

This one fixes a bug that prevented the ‘Renumber All Views - Use New Order’ from working in Revit 2024. That issue was identified in the below Forum post:

It also updates the login system to use the new EvolveLAB login system, which allows for SSO, among other things.

You can download it at the link in the original post above!

1 Like