Veras - internal server error

Hello,

I have been given access to Veras by my employer. Today (25.07.2024) was the first day ever when I could not render anything and I kept getting this error message:

Error: Render Failed
Render number 2 failed due to the following error:

Error: <!doctype html> 500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

You can share this issue with us and see if a solution has already been developed by visiting the forum.

The last post about this that I found was from 2023 so I would like to ask if there is anything I can do to fix this?

Best regards
Katarzyna

@kali Thanks for posting!

This error typically means that something went wrong either while the rendering was being created, or while being transmitted to/from our servers back to your computer.

How often is this happening for you? Is it every time you try to make a rendering, or just some of the time?

Can you also let us know what software you are using Veras with (Revit, SketchUp, Forma, etc… or the standalone web version)?

This seems related to the issue we were having with the back-end migration, tracked here: Render time too long - #29 by Ben

A solution is now in place and we’ll keep monitoring the performance.

1 Like

Hi Daniel and Ben,

Thank you for your quick replies.

To Daniel: I am using Veras with Rhino 8 and yesterday I started getting the error message in the afternoon (CEST time) and no rendering worked until the end of the day despite restarting Rhino, etc. This was the first time I encountered this and also Veras worked fine earlier that day.

To Ben: Today Veras is working again with no issue, so it was most likely related. Thank you for developing a solution quickly!

Best regards
Katarzyna

3 Likes

@kali Awesome! Thank you for the additional information. We’re glad to hear it’s working for you again, and we apologize again for the downtime!