Saving settings together with autosave image?

It would be nice if we could access the different settings we use, when we develop a project.
It could be a simple text file contaning all settings, like

• the seed is
  • prompt
  • all slider settings
    It could also be a simple xml file - that can be imported into Veras.

Just some idés.
Jorgensen

@Jorgensen

Hmm, I kind of like this idea. Perhaps we could set up something where when a rendering is saved, two files get saved:

render-file-name.png
render-file-name.veras (This file could contain the settings used to produce this rendering?)

We’ll look into it, thanks for the idea!

As @Ben mentioned in this other post, we are currently working on a way to allow you to save render settings within the Veras app, so that you could browser through and use your saved render settings anytime you are logged in.

1 Like

Hi Daniel

Sounds super cool!
The .veras file could contain an easy readable content, so we don’t nessesary need to open the file inside veras to view it - just a thought.

Jorgensen

1 Like

Yeah also a good idea @Jorgensen, I agree.

It could probably be some sort of .json or .csv format, so one could open and read it in a text editor. I agree there’s no need to make this type of file illegible by making it binary or encoded or anything. Should be pretty small, and contain no sensitive data anyway.

2 Likes

The Veras 1.9 Release now includes custom presets. So you can save all the settings including the seed as a preset. The preset is synced with the cloud, and you can access it from any flavor of the app (web app, or desktop clients).

This idea of saving the entire render is still a good idea, as it would additionally save the resolution chose and the render itself. The presets don’t replace this idea, but they helps with retaining setting customization.

2 Likes

Is it possible to save all settings into the saved images?
One of my colleagues that this is possible when using comfyui :slight_smile:

Would also be nice if one forgets to save or SU crashes…

Jorgensen

Agreed - we will be adding this as a feature. The custom presets can get you half way there, but it would even better to be able to see the past renderings.

1 Like