Helix - Sketchup: Cannot find Helix Extension Issue

Some users have had difficulties finding the Helix extension in SketchUp after installing.

We support SketchUp 2020/2021/2022/2023!

If you can’t find Helix in SketchUp after installing, here are some troubleshooting steps. If we still can’t get it after these steps, we’d happy to jump on a call and investigate to ensure your success!

1. Ensure the toolbar is active

2. If the toolbar isn’t there, please check that the extension is in the Extension Manager

3. If that’s still an issue, the next step I’d recommend is closing SketchUp and running a “repair” on the installer, ideally when you open SketchUp again it should be installed.

helix-installer-repair

4. Advanced troubleshooting for SketchUp Extensions is to ensure the loading file and support files are in the right places.

We can first check here and ensure the el_helix.rb and el_helix directories are present (if not - I attached a zip with them here): el_helix.zip

And then we check here to ensure the support files were installed correctly (this directory is ‘Sketchup21’, but it is the correct location for Sketchup2022 as well):

helix-program-data-location

If these steps look correct, and Helix is still not loading please let us know and we’d be happy to jump on a call, and we can definitely get it figured out.

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying all these steps and still not finding the plugin button on SketchUp, where can I access those Zip files attached on solution number 4?. Thank you

@Leo - welcome to the forum!

Seems like we missed that link. I’ve updated the post to include the link, and also copied the link here: el_helix.zip

Let me know if this process works out.

Thank you Ben, It still wont load in the is there any other assistance I can get, I’m trying to get this workflow into the firm. I’m gonna try re-install SketchUp first thing tomorrow.

What version of SketchUp are you using? We currently only support 2020, 2021, and 2022. We’re planning on releasing support for 2023 soon.

If you’re installing for one of the supported versions, maybe we can jump on a screen share call to see what the issue is.

Good Morning Ben, I did have 2023 Sketchup I’m gonna try again with previous versions thanks for the reminder.