Helix for Sketchup Not Importing

She’s not working. See below

Model not importing into Sketchup from revit

Revit 2022
Sketchup 2023

IN Revit
Sync Families: check
Sync Levels: Check
Export Current view: Check (it takes a little bit to export but it ultimately says “complete”)

In Sketchup
Load Levels: This works
Import from Revit: Don’t not work at all. It says “complete” within one second of clicking the button so its defiantly not making it over. As you can see below…the element sync report is blank…What the heck is going on.

I am really trying to use this in a professional capacity and rely on it but this is not off to a great start…Would you like me to send you a packaged revit fie?

@timk Thanks for posting, and I’m sorry that you are running into these issues.

Yes, if you can send us your sample model, I can try to troubleshoot the issue on our end.

From the steps you described above, it seems like you are doing everything correctly - it could be an issue related to a unique condition in your model that we haven’t accounted for.

I’ll send you a private message to get the files in case you are unable to upload it via the forum.

Thanks,

@timk I was able to get the Revit model you shared with me to (mostly) synchronize to SetkchUp without too much effort. Here’s an image of the first result:

It seems like most of the walls, doors, components, and some of the roofs came though. The main roof didn’t for some reason. Here’s the steps I took to do this:

1. Opened the model in Revit 2022.
  2. Clicked on ‘Export Levels’ in the Helix tab of the EvolveLAB ribbon.
  3. Clicked on ‘Export Model’ in the Helix tab (this took a few minutes to complete).
  4. Opened a new empty SketchUp 2022 file (using the Simple - inches template)
  5. Opened the SketchUp Helix window, and clicked on ‘Import from Revit’ (This took about 5-10 minutes for me).

Did you do anything differently from the above? If so, please let me know what else you have tried, so I can try that too, and see if I can discover any errors.

Thanks,