Helix - AutoCAD to Revit: Doors Category

Hi guys

I’m testing out the Helix app and can’t seem to get doors to populate in revit from the CAD file.

How does the app recognise doors from CAD? Is it through a path? is it the straight line of the door leaf panel in the closed position? or the arc of the door swing?

In CAD i’ve tried a circle, a point, a line and an arc in my ‘doors layer’ but none of them seem to translate into the Revit file.

Any pointers? Thanks

Andy

The doors are calculated by the block with linework assigned to the layer specified. Without the block, we don’t have a current way to group the contiguous lines that define the door. However, this is something we can add in the future.

Greetings - I am testing the CAD to REVIT workflow. My doors are not populating in the Revit model. I add the DOOR layer and the operation seems to stall with no feedback from the progress bar. The doors are blocks in the AutoCAD file. I noticed my interior walls were incomplete as the HELIX software did not draw all of the walls due to the quality of the CAD model. Is it possible the doors are stalling because it cannot find a wall to add the door to?

Hi @sam,

Can you please post a screenshot of how the walls were incomplete? It is possible the doors are not being created because it can’t find a wall to host them.

90% of the time this happens because of incorrect wall alignment, see the example below: