Detailed Mapping Instructions for Revit From Sketchup

Hello - I am trying to bring in furniture components from SketchUp for architectural visualization purposes.

Some families are native to Revit while I am using other furniture components from 3d Warehouse. The materials are working fine in Revit x Enscape.

The issue is that when selecting a material in SketchUp I am do not have the full list of materials from Revit to map. What could be the cause of this behavior and what is the fix? I am mapping as furniture category and DXF type.

I have also tried tagging the material types in Sketchup and then modifying in Revit via object styles but tag categories do not show up under object styles.

It feels like I am missing a step here?

Help!

@shawn ,

Thanks for posting, let me look into some reasons why all of the Revit materials are not coming over properly to Helix SketchUp!

If you have a sample Revit model you can share, I could test getting all the materials from it to extract properly.

I’ll report back as soon as I make some progress!

Thanks,

It seemed like the DFX export was the issue. After exporting to OBJ types the materials pathed into the Revit material browser.

1 Like