Could not connect to server. Please make sure that your firewall is not restricting access

Hello, I just installed Veras for Rhino on windows, and when i clicked on render I got this message: “Could not connect to server. Please make sure that your firewall is not restricting access”.

1 Like

@Nikola - welcome to the forum!

We’re working on solving this connectivity issue. It seems like the firewall restriction is actually solved and we need to update the error message there.

We’re also tracking this issue in this post:

In your error message did you have an internal exception message like the following:
An error occurred while sending the request?

Same thing here. Issues with connection/firewall.

@sfazzy - welcome to the forum, and thank you for escalating this bug. We’ll, post here when we have an update.

Hello, I just installed Veras for Revit on windows, and when i clicked on render I also got this message: “Could not connect to server. Please make sure that your firewall is not restricting access”. Your kind assistance required.

@vaji1993 - welcome to the forum and thank you for letting us know about this issue. We’re working on a fix, and we’ll update this post when it’s available.

I seem to be getting the same message as well :(.

Has anyone been able to fix the issue?

Cheers!

hello, I also encountered this problem, when can I find out the solution?

We have a new prerelease canary build: Veras 0.9.5.2

Can you please try this version to see if you get any issues with rendering?

When i click to install it, it sais it is installing the 0.9.5.0 version.

Still getting the same message, downloaded from the link you sent.

My apologies - the link is now updated

It works now, Thank you for your help.

1 Like

@Nikola - thank you for testing the prerelease! I’m glad it works. We will be merging this update to a future main release.

Thank you for your help, very nice plugin.

Hi,
I’m having the same issue and can’t use the plugin.

Can you try the latest canary build: EvolveLAB_Veras_v0.9.5.6_canary.msi?

There are some issue with image scaling, but we will be releasing the stable version this week.

Awesome! It worked. Thank you!

1 Like