Helix Door Import Error Revit

I am testing out Helix for my company and an repeatedly running into an issue importing doors. I have attached a gif that shows what I am experiencing. the gif shows me mapping a door component in SketchUp to a Revit door family that was imported from my template using Helix. You can see that as soon as I do this, the live sync goes to work and tries to push the doors into my Revit file. Each one of the mapped doors breifly flashes into place in my Revit model but then disappears.

In this same project I have another door component for interior doors that does not suffer this same issue. They were imported correctly on the first try.

Does anyone have any insight on what might be happening and causing my doors to disappear?

Door Import Error

@Elliottk Thanks for posting, that is a strange issue indeed.

Are you able to share the door family with me that’s not working properly? Then I could take a look and see if I can figure out why this is happening.

Thanks,

The door family is the same door family that is present already in the Revit model I emailed you on 07/30/24. Thank you for looking into this issue. I love the product and I would love to understand the cause behind these remaining few issues.

1 Like

Ah @Elliottk ok, I do have it! I didn’t realize this post and that one were by the same person!

I’m currently trying to figure out the bugs mentioned in your other post, but they may be related to this. Once I figure out this particular one though, I’ll be sure to post the fix in this forum thread too!

Hey @Daniel, has there been any breakthroughs on my question?

@Elliottk Thanks for following up! Unfortunately no, I’m still working on this one, but it’s proving particularly tricky!

I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue in my testing - when I use the Revit and SketchUp models you sent me, the exterior doors show up and stay in the correct place in Revit.

I suspect this may be related to one of the 3 issues from your other thread, and I’m still working on finding a fix for all of those. Once We have a fix, I’m curious if that fix will also solve this issue. Once a working update is released, I’ll let you know so you can test it again and see if it fixes this issue too.

Thanks for your patience!

@Elliottk The fixes that address the issues in your other Forum thread here may also resolve this issue.

Below is a .gif of those fixes running on your sample model, and you can see that the problematic doors are showing up (and staying) in Revit correctly:

Helix - Door in correct wall and all wall openings appearing

I’ll post an update in that thread and this thread, as well as the Helix Release Forum, once these fixes have been publicly released.

Thanks again for noticing and reporting this issue!

A fix for this issue has been released!

You can see more details in this post: Helix - Release 2.14.0 - SketchUp 2024 Support - #2 by Ben

You can download the installer from here: https://www.evolvelab.io/helix

Thank Daniel. I can confirm that the issue has been fixed with the latest update. The update was even able to fix the same issue I was having on a second model. Appreciate the hard work the the Evolve Lab team is doing. Thanks,

1 Like

Thanks @Elliottk, it’s great to get confirmation that these fixes are working not just in this test model, but in your other project too! Glad we were able to solve these issues for you, and always feel free to reach out again with any further issues or feedback!